Older sites may not be equipped with an uptower network connection, making monitoring data difficult to transmit without costly retrofits.
Poseidon developed a site-wide wireless network using LoRa to eliminate costly fiber or expensive monthly cellular cost
- Up to 6-mile line-of-site communications
- No additional communication networks required
- Low-cost edge device provides flexible sensor integration including RS-232, RS-485, CAN/J1039, and Bluetooth
- Onboard data storage and data buffering
- Flexible connectivity through cellular modem, 10/100 Ethernet, USB, GPS, or WiFi
- Easy installation, customizable, web configurable
Poseidon Systems’ data logging device can enable online oil condition and wear debris monitoring without needing costly retrofits on each tower to allow for wireless connectivity. This case study focuses on a customer who was able to install the Trident AP2200 edge device on a single turbine rather than all of them and create a site-wide LoRa network to transmit the data to Poseidon Live, our online cloud-based monitoring platform. Download to read more!
Request this Case Study by using the form below: