A high percentage of coolant leaks are not detected early enough using periodic oil samples, causing secondary damage or catastrophic failure of the engine.
Using Poseidon’s oil quality sensor, customers detect oil problems immediately, eliminating secondary damage & catastrophic failure.
- Provides continuous online oil health, immediately detecting faults otherwise missed by offline analysis
- Early intervention reduces costly secondary damage to the asset
- Minimize O&M costs through early detection and condition-based maintenance practices such as optimized fluid drain intervals
- Maximizes operating life of the asset
- Utilizes Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technology which cover a spectrum of properties of the oil and allow for sensitivity to most failure modes other sensors miss
Poseidon Systems’ online oil quality monitoring system can detect abnormal patterns in the degradation of oil life in wheel loaders using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technology and condition based monitoring. This case study looks at a customer who identified a coolant leak leading to rapid and abnormal degradation of oil life due to an alarm triggered by Poseidon’s Trident QW3100 sensor. Had this gone unnoticed until the next quarterly oil inspection, there could have been very costly secondary damage to the engine of the truck.
Request this Case Study by using the form below: