Wind Turbine Bearing Fault Detection by Trident DM4500
Wind turbine planet bearings are difficult to detect early using vibration systems, but make up a majority of all gearbox failures. Operators need earlier warning of planet bearing faults and end of life management.
Poseidon’s online wear debris monitoring offers the earliest detection of any condition monitoring technology.
- Detects, sizes, and classifies (ferrous vs. nonferrous) metallic particles
- Provides real-time, online asset health information
- Reduces unscheduled downtime of wind turbines
- Minimized repair costs through early detection
- Maximizes operating life of gearbox
- Detects faults missed by borescoping and vibration analysis
- Evaluates the impact of derating on wear generation rates
Poseidon Systems’ online wind turbine oil debris monitoring (ODM) system can detect wind turbine gearbox faults and monitor their severity with more specificity and detail than borescoping or vibration analysis. This case study looks at a customer who identified an early planetary bearing fault and demonstrates how Poseidon’s Trident DM4500 Inline Wear Debris Sensor allows for customers to better plan for maintenance and reduce inspection costs through real time oil condition monitoring.
Request this Case Study by using the form below: