Water-in-Oil Detection by Trident FQMS
Issues can arise at unexpected times within the oil’s lifetime and lead to expensive repairs and equipment failure.
Poseidon’s Trident FQMS offers the earliest detection of oil problems of any condition monitoring technology.
- Provides continuous insight to oil health
- Provides the earliest real-time, online asset health information
- Reduces secondary damages to equipment due to mechanical faults
- Minimizes repair costs through early detection and condition-based maintenance practices such as optimized fluid drain intervals
- Able to measure several properties of the oil including relative humidity
- Maximizes operating life of the equipment
Poseidon Systems’ online oil quality monitoring system can detect issues with properties of gearbox oil including relative humidity using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technology and condition based monitoring. This case study looks at a customer who changed the oil in their mining concentrator gearbox as part of preventative maintenance which led to an issue, which the Poseidon FQMS sensor system alerted them to. This early detection allowed the customer to make proactive repairs to prevent costly secondary damage and reduce downtime. Download to learn more!
Request this Case Study by using the form below: