Poseidon Systems is excited to announce the hiring of Peyton Rave.
Peyton started at Poseidon Systems as a Co-op in August 2021 doing Mechanical Engineering. She started full time in June 2022 as a R&D Engineer and will be continuing with the same projects for now. Peyton will focus on developing new products.
Peyton graduated from SUNY Geneseo with a bachelor’s degree in Physics and from RIT with a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Controls Focus.
What about Poseidon Systems made you want to work here?
The flexibility, environment, and opportunity for growth. I can be a bit all over the place, and love that Poseidon lets me use that to my advantage! It was a luxury to get nearly a 6-month trial run before signing on full-time, and I grew to enjoy the people and challenges. Over the short time I’ve been here, I’ve seen Poseidon grow so much, and I’m happy to now officially be a part of it!
- I grew up on Long Island but have been in the Rochester area for about 6 years.
- I love small electronics projects, so anything involving Arduino or Raspberry Pi. I take great pride in making lights blink and stepper motors spin.
- I have a horse, Falcon. He is also from Long Island, and has been here for 6 years. He’s 25 (older than me!) and he was in a NY Lotto commercial around 15 years ago.
- Along with Falcon, I have two cats. I clicker train all my animals, so my cats know sit, lay down, meow, etc. Falcon knows different tricks, like smile, fetch, and drink water (for the sole purpose of bragging when people say “you can lead a horse to water but can’t make them drink”). If you ever want to get me talking for hours, ask me about clicker training and animal behavior!
- I’ve been a pescatarian (vegetarian who eats fish) for about 12 years.