Poseidon Systems has an immediate need for a sales manager to identify leads and capture business with specific focus on the wind power generation industry.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing a sales pipeline within the wind industry. This position is responsible for selling existing products, sales forecasting, and managing customer relationships. The Sales Manager will also lead promotion efforts in the industry through conference attendance, developing/presenting white papers, involvement in industry committees, and other efforts.
- Foster new and existing customer relationships through prospecting, in-person contact, phone follow-up, and sales presentations
- Implement sales strategy and ensure the company meets revenue and profit objectives through new business development and maintenance of existing accounts
- Establish, build and expand relationships with existing and potential customers at multiple levels in the organization
- Network within various trade organizations including exhibiting and presenting at applicable trade shows
- Participate in strategic sales/marketing planning efforts as needed
- Collect, integrate and interpret competitive information
- Handle technical and commercial questions and applications inquiries from existing and potential customers
- Perform other related duties as required
- BS / BA Engineering, Business, or Marketing with field sales experience of 3 or more years
- Strong familiarity with the wind industry with an existing industry network
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit - a desire to build and grow a thriving business
- Must be able to work successfully on an independent basis
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Must demonstrate excellent written / verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong marketing and sales promotion skills
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis
To apply please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Sales Manager.
Poseidon Systems designs and produces sensing, data acquisition, and data analysis solutions to enable condition-based maintenance of industrial equipment (e.g. gearboxes, engines, pumps, compressors). These technologies are used to predict equipment failure, detect abnormal operating conditions, reduce maintenance costs, and increase up-time of our customers’ most critical assets. For more information, please visit www.poseidonsys.com.