Poseidon Systems has an immediate need for a project manager to organize and coordinate development and support of next generation condition monitoring products and services. This position will be based in our Rochester, NY location. This is a great opportunity to become a leader within a company experiencing rapid growth.
The Project Manager will operate in both a management and individual contributor role to oversee a variety of new and existing projects. Programs range in scope from developing new sensor capabilities to support of key customers and efforts. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, oversee all aspects, including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project. This includes preparation of deliverables for upper management and customers. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, timeline, and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments as required to complete the project.
The ideal candidate will have a background in project management with proven ability to lead engineering efforts. Experience in condition monitoring is a plus. Applicants should be driven by a commitment to excellence and a customer-first mentality.
The Project Manager will be integrally involved in supporting Poseidon’s products and clients. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project management of new and existing efforts
-- Oversee hardware and software development and improvements
-- Generate supporting design and test documentation (requirements, test reports, manuals)
-- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
-- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
-- Meet with clients to provide detailed status update briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
-- Delivery of customer requested data analysis, reports, and support
- Independently support key clients and customers
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Proficient in data analysis tools such as MATLAB and/or Python
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write deliverable for external customers, including reports, presentations
- Ability to travel up to 15% of your time
- Reliable, highly motivated and resourceful
- Background in machinery failure analysis and condition monitoring methods is a plus
- Prior project management experience