Poseidon Systems designs and manufactures sensors, systems, and software that monitor machinery health state and provide early detection of faults. Poseidon has an immediate need for a technician to support product assembly and test as well as field service needs. This position would be based in our Rochester, NY facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
The manufacturing and field technician will support the assembly of a range of sensor products and support the deployment of these technologies in the field. Manufacturing responsibilities include assembly of sensors and cabling, product testing, packaging goods for shipment, and inspecting incoming goods. Field responsibilities will include travel to customer sites; troubleshooting existing installations; and installing sensors/plumbing/electronics.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or technical certificate with 1+ years of relevant experience or high school diploma / GED with a 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience hand soldering PCBs
- Experience making custom cables
- Familiar with electrical test equipment (oscilloscope, DMM, power supply)
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to read and follow electrical schematics and mechanical prints
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Able to complete working at heights, CPR and first aid training
- Willing/able to travel for extended periods (1-2 weeks) including international trips, anticipate travel demand to be 25% of total time
Poseidon’s equipment is deployed on industrial equipment such as wind turbines, mining equipment, and locomotives. Accordingly, field service of the devices requires the following attributes:
- The work requires full range of motion and flexibility
- Comfortable working in confined spaces
- Comfortable working at heights of up to 300’
- Ability to discern colors
- Must maintain a body weight of 270 lbs or less.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 35 lbs. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Poseidon offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- Performance bonuses
- Profit sharing
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour